Hot off the press! Fugly Fit Food Fridays! I even added a funky music track to the background to get you in the mood.
I’ve been wanting to share more recipes and nutrition tips, because, well, food is life. The thing is…I literally have zero artistic abilities and this includes food photography. You know what else? I’m a messy-ass cook and I’m often cooking in a kitchen that looks more like a war zone. That’s just how I roll. This is real life. This is mom life! All that said, I do love to cook and I plan on bringing you some tasty, easy-to-prepare meals and treats that will still help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Healthy eating should taste good! Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Diets suck. Healthy living rules. So here is a yummy recipe to throw in the hopper.
Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
1.5-2 cups riced cauliflower*
1 Tbsp water
1 TBSP cooking oil ( Grapeseed Oil or olive oil)
1/2 onion (or scallions)
1/2 bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 cup carrot/cabbage mix
1 cup broccoli slaw (optional)
1 TBSP Toasted Sesame Oil
1 cup edamame (optional)
*You can use pre-riced and frozen rice for convenience, or use fresh and chop in a food processor until it resembles the consistency of rice.
- PREP CAULIFLOWER and VEGGIES: Chop all your veggies, and set aside.
- STIR FRY: Use 1 TBSP of water and cook “rice” until just tender (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside. Use same pan to fry veggies of choice using 1 TBSP cooking oil. Cook until the veggies just begin to soften (about 2-3 minutes). Combine the “rice” and veggies.
- FRY EGGS: Fry eggs in butter and incorporate into the rice mix.
- ADD TAMARI sauce or coconut aminos and mix until well incorporated.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: Heat edamame if desired and add to mix. Other great options are shrimp, or chicken. You could even add some fresh scallions for crunch and garnish.