All nut milk (insert snicker from my husband and eye-roll from me) is delicious (“that’s what she said”–see what I live with?). Anyway, can we keep our minds out of the gutter here? This milk is my favorite of all-time. For starters, most nut milk requires straining through a cheese cloth or nut bag, and a lot of prep work. I don’t have time for that! The great thing about cashew milk is you simply blend it all together. The result is a super smooth, creamy, and slightly sweet beverage. The second reason I super love it, is that it tastes SO good as a coffee creamer. Because you blend the cashews, it is creamy and not thin like a lot of other milk alternatives. My boys like to drink it straight-up. It is delicious on it’s own, as coffee creamer, or take it next level and dip your brownies in it!
1 cup raw cashews
3-4 cups water
2 TBSP honey or maple syrup
Sea Salt, 1/8 teaspoon
2 teaspoons vanilla
Cinnamon, (optional/to taste)
- Soak your cashews in water for about five hours (or overnight in refrigerator).
- Discard soaking water and rinse cashews in strainer
- Place in blender and add 3-4 cups water depending on how thick you want it. (I lean toward 3 cups because I use it as coffee creamer).
- Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Store in refrigerator and use within the week.
Key words: paleo, coffee creamer, milk alternative, nut milk